Pieve delle Sante Flora e Lucilla

Built from 1382 on the ruins of the palace of Count Giovanni Aldobrandeschi, the parish church houses an extraordinary collection of majolica works by Andrea della Robbia, commissioned by Guido Sforza perhaps on the occasion of Pope Pius II’s visit to Santa Fiora in 1463. 
The 13th-century rose window probably comes from the church of San Leonardo, which was located in Piazza di Castello. 
The current parish church replaced an older one, located outside the historic center and destroyed in a fire in the 15th century. The precious reliquary to the saints Flora and Lucilla was manufactured on that occasion.

Pieve - facciata Pieve - rosone

Pieve altare Pieve - Crocifisso della Robbia

Pieve - dettaglio pulpito Pieve - dettaglio pulpito

Pieve - fonte battesimale Pieve - Madonna e Reliquiario

Pieve - oliosantiera Pieve - Ultima cena e Crocifisso

Pieve - Reliquiario



Pieve delle Sante Flora e Lucilla - QR Code Friendly