Santuario del Santissimo Crocifisso

It was built at the end of the 19th century as a new convent of the Capuchin Poor Clares, since the old convent, by the church of Sant’Antonio, was ruined. 
The church is full of relics and votive offerings that are kept in the choir. This space was reserved for cloistered nuns, while the hall was open to the churchgoers. The partition between the choir and the hall, made by the Santafiorese wood craftsman Giulio Parracciani, is decorated with a 1904 painting by Raffaello Tancredi, representing the saints Francesco and Chiara.

Chiesa S S Crocifisso 1

Santuario del Santissimo Crocifisso - QR Code Friendly