Chiesa del Suffragio

Built between 1720 and 1726 by the lay confraternity of the Virgin of Suffrage (Intercession), it houses the monumental crosses, called “trunks,” which are carried in procession on the 3rd of May with the Holy Crucifix. With the construction of the church, the square before it was also probably built. From a testimony of the late 19th century, we know that the Confraternity provided for the transport of the dead, making it free for the poorest of the village. An 18th-century painting with the Virgin of Suffrage, or of Purgatory, represented in glory with the Son is displayed behind the main altar.

Chiesa del Suffragio  Chiesa del Suffragio Croce

Chiesa del Suffragio - QR Code Friendly